Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:17:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        David Loszewski <stealth215@mediaone.net>
Cc:        "'Isaac Mushinsky'" <imush@mail.ru>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: X server error, please help

Have a look at the message that gets printed out when you install
XFree86-4:

* To improve security, the X server is installed without an SUID bit.  *
* This is suitable for use with xdm, but not with a startx script.     *
* If you need to use a startx script, install the x11/wrapper package. *
* If XFree86-4 is not a basic part of your operating system, add the   *
* following line to /etc/make.conf: XFREE86_VERSION=4                  *

Note the bottom section.  As soon as you set that variable in make.conf,
wrapper will build.

Joe