Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 2004 07:52:29 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jail and spammass-milter (sendmail/spamassassin)

--Boundary-02=_eI1iAyuhEnocF2V

Am Sonntag, 25. April 2004 04:30 schrieb Harald Schmalzbauer:
> Am Sonntag, 25. April 2004 04:21 schrieben Sie:
[...]
> > > jail and so they should see the same socket?
> >
> > Yes, in that case, both sendmail and spamass-milter should see the same
> > socket.
>
> Hmm, any idea why it doesn't work (tm)?
> Anyway, I'll try to connect via IP on Monday.

I found the problem. It's not the socket but the IP-handling in jails. When=
 I=20
connect to 127.0.0.1 inside a jail the source-IP is not 127.0.0.1 but the I=
P=20
you assigned the jail when starting.
So I had to add "-A 192.168.0.2" to spamd to allow connections from the jai=
l=20
localhost! (the header shows now the jail does spam check)

[...]

> Btw: I'd highly recommed using /usr/ports/sysutils/jailer. It's really ni=
ce
> to have "reboot" working in a jail :)) IMO this should be made a part of
> the base system! I have little problems with the artificial console but
> that's also a _very_ nice feature for jails!

I haven't solved that one yet. I found commented code in the /etc/rc.d/jail=
=20
which indicates IMO the developer also had problems utilizing ln to /dev in=
=20
jails. But I haven't found a workarround yet :(
Perhaps somebody who's very familar with devfs and jails could have a look =
at=20
this? *please*

=2DHarry