Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 2002 13:45:53 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Chris Corbliss <ccorbliss@panasas.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Increasing KVA ?

Chris Corbliss wrote:
>         I am trying to increase the kernel address space to 2G, and was
> wondering if anyone out there has any tips or gotchas that might be
> useful.

How to do this depends on exactly what version of FreeBSD you
are running.  The best advice is to update to 4.5 or better,
and set KVASPACE in your kernel config, and just build a kernel.

Generally, you should know exactly what you are doing before you
try this, since there is usually a lot of collateral tuning you
should do for your application, if you really need to do this.

-- Terry