Date:      Wed, 15 May 1996 11:07:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        john@starfire.mn.org
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: NFS problems between FreeBSD 2.1.0-R(CD) server and Unixware 2.03 client

On Wed, 15 May 1996 john@starfire.mn.org wrote:
> We are getting file truncation (to multiples of 1024 bytes) and strange
> errors (NFS write error 4, along with lots of hex info) in the log
> files on the client, while the server doesn't report any problems.
> We have rsize and wsize set to 1024.

We had the reverse setup (UW server, FreeBSD client) going for
several months with no problems.  I just tried with FreeBSD as
server and UW as client.  I mounted the news in.coming directory onto the
UW machine and copied a few hundred K several times.  All files
(~50K each) copy fine.

I know this isn't a real test but it does show that there is probably
no underlying conflict between the two OS.

BTW, we have rsize and wsize set to 4096

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow
 DPC Systems