Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 00:05:03 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Ronnie Clark " <Ronj_clark@fellowshipchurch.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need Help Badly!

Ronnie Clark  <Ronj_clark@fellowshipchurch.com> types:
> It seems I fat-fingered someething during my make and buildworld
> session and renames /bin/sh to "[".  Is there a backup copy
> anywhere else in the filesystem?

[ is a hard link to /bin/test. If you just mv'ed it, and didn't copy
it, then all you need to do is put back the hard link. You can test
that by "ls -i /bin/test /bin/\[". If that prints different inode
numbers, then test should be ok. So move \[ back to sh if you need to,
then recreate the hard link:

	# cd /bin
	# ln test \[

	<mike
Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.