Date:      Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:21:18 -0600
From:      Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache with mod_ssl and other mods

I need to do a sanity check before leaping in to an overhaul of my server
setup and any recent experience shared about this would be appreciated.
Running FBSD 4.5-Stable and virtual servers.

I need to switch my Apache13 over to incorporate SSL in order to run both
HTTP and HTTPS. I also need PHP4 and Frontpage and MySQL server. I've
noticed several who have expressed having trouble with some or all of these
installs. But, I must have them, so wonder if this is the best chrono using
ports:

1) Deinstall apache_fp (pretty sure about this...groan)
2) Deinstall PHP4 - includes MySQL client (pretty sure about this too)
3) Deinstall MySQL server (doubt this but not sure)
4) From ports - install apache13_ssl (what about new later release Mar 27?)
5) From ports - reinstall PHP4.1.2 w/MySQL option
6) From ports - reinstall Frontpage2002
7) From ports - install OpenSSL (will not work with base system ssl.???
Must stop it from loading)
8) From ports - reinstall MySQL (if need to deinstall)

Is the above order of install correct to work best with least problems and
is there anything I should be concerned about and watch out for...???
Thanks for any and all tips....

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone