Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:19:56 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erich@apsara.com.sg>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, gnome@freebsd.org, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>, Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Subject:   Re: after update - not all jpeg files are displayable

Hi,

I do not know if this will help here.

I have had in the past a very different problem which seems
unsolvable.

I did the same as you using portupgrade to bring my system to the
current status. It broke some things.

By change, I got the problem solve by manually compiling some
ports and reinstalling them.

Check what ports are needed by your program. Start at the base
reinstalling them manually.

I did this just by chance and found my system working afterwards.

Yes, I know, it is a lot of work if you cannot do it on the side.

Erich