Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:28:15 -0600
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <brandon@dvalentine.com>
To:        Michael Ranner <mranner@inode.at>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: scan_ffs for UFS2

[ Originally crossposted to -hackers and -fs.  This reply Bcc'd to
-hackers, followups to -fs. ]

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 10:20:12PM +0100, Michael Ranner wrote:
> Scan_ffs is a system tool from OpenBSD to recover erased disklabels
> from your hard drive.

Forgive me if I'm being dense, but what features does scan_ffs provide
that are not a subset of the features provided by gpart[0]?

Seems like a duplicate wheel to me.

[0] - http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/user/76201/gpart/ or [1]
[1] - ports/sysutils/gpart

Brandon D. Valentine
--
brandon@dvalentine.com                                 http://www.geekpunk.net

"We've been raised on replicas of fake and winding roads, and day after day up
on this beautiful stage we've been playing tambourine for minimum wage, but we
are real; I know we are real."  -- David Berman