Date:      Tue, 23 Jan 1996 11:08:08 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        ob@miriam.ihk.de (Oliver Breuninger)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: telnetd

> Dear Sirs,
>
> we use FreeBSD 2.0 on a pair of PC's, and have a problem while telnetting
> with Novell's LAN WorkPlace 4.1 & 5.0.
>
> Equal which LWP configuration we use, keying Enter will get to Enter's or
> we get ^@ on the screen.
>
> We think the problem is in LWP, but we hope we can on our BSD-Machines
> change the configuration to resolve this.

This generally results from a failure to correctly negotiate binary mode;
the LWP, rather than sending 'cr' instead of 'cr/lf' in binary mode,
replaces the 'lf' with 'NULL', resulting in 'cr/NULL'.

Most likely it is changable via a configuration option in LWP's telnet
program (it used to be).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---