Date:      Mon, 5 Mar 2007 06:03:46 -0500
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portmanager and use.perl port

--Sig_gL7T8Cb.RfJ9/iRG/FsXB8j

On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 20:41:55 -0800
Noah <admin2@enabled.com> wrote:

> So at times I run portmanager on many of my servers but I want to
> make sure that the perl installed is the port and not the system
> version.
>=20
> The only option I new about was to IGNORE building it.
>=20
> # grep perl /usr/local/etc/portmanager/pm-020.conf
> IGNORE|lang/perl*|
>=20
> But I am wondering if there are proper settings that I can put in
> placed to make sure that if perl is reinstalled that the port version
> is the chosen version.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Syntax is:

Usage:
  ./use.perl port       -> /usr/bin/perl is the perl5 port
  ./use.perl system     -> /usr/bin/perl is the system perl

--=20
Gerard

Isn't it nice that people who prefer Los Angeles to San Francisco live
there?

	Herb Caen

--Sig_gL7T8Cb.RfJ9/iRG/FsXB8j

--Sig_gL7T8Cb.RfJ9/iRG/FsXB8j--