Date:      Tue, 31 May 2005 13:04:00 +0200
From:      Ben Stuyts <ben@altesco.nl>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Fwd: Any known problems with a 3C996B-T?

Hi,

I sent this originally to the -stable list, but maybe I will have
better luck here:

I am about to upgrade one of our servers (running 4-stable) with a
1000Base-T network card, and the 3Com 3C996B-T looks interesting.
This is for a small office server (e-mail, files, printers,
webserver) serving about 25 pc's running a variety of Win2K, FreeBSD
and Mac OS X.

I found some messages in the past indicating there were some problems
with this card on FreeBSD. Are these problems solved? I also did not
see this exact card in the hardware list, although the 3c996-SX and
3c996-T are mentioned.

Otherwise, any recommendations?

With kind regards,
Ben