Date:      Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:00:26 +0100
From:      Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson@ury.york.ac.uk>
To:        Henri Hennebert <hlh@restart.be>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Nenhum_de_Nos <matheus@eternamente.info>
Subject:   Re: ZFS pool from current

On Wed, 2009-06-17 at 16:51 +0200, Henri Hennebert wrote:
> Nenhum_de_Nos wrote:
> > thanks, I was just looking for this update on web interface to cvs and
> > there is nothing in UPDATING for RELENG_7 there. is this really supposed
> > to happen ?
>
> Sadly a known and ignored problem of cvsweb
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/120185
>
> Henri

As far as I can tell, this isn't really a problem with cvsweb, but more
of a problem with the repository itself.  The issue comes when a commit
is made and the log message includes the magic string that CVS uses
internally to track different revisions.  The patch proposed in that PR
appears to be more of a hack than a fix.

It's the same reason that (for example)
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/ntpd lists a revision
1.335 even though the most recent commit was version 1.18.

On the upside, it doesn't appear that these bogus commits have ended up
replicated in the SVN repository.

Gavin