Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:13:49 -0500
From:      HerbalGypsy/justbob <shsrms@bellatlantic.net>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frustration continues.

David O'Brien wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 05:11:18PM -0500, HerbalGypsy/justbob wrote:
> > results, after about 36 minutes of writing, so old unreadable single
> > file called 3_3-install
>
> I cannot parse this.
I have cut a number of cds now, the cd writer works.  I have cut netbsd,
linux, composites, etc.  Process works, cd works media works.

downloading the freebsd 3_3-install.cd0 image for alpha, renaming it
3_3-install.iso, writing it to good media, resulted in a single file.
Same name as the cd0, on the cd.  Can open it, can't look inside.
downloading the same file again, copying it to a different spot and
renaming it in the process, same result.
Using different brand of media, same result.  I now have 3 cds with one
650MB or so file named 3_3-install on it.

> > I used two different styles of media, CD writable and rewritable.
> > No joy.
>
> How was there no joy?  What messages on the computer console gave you no
> joy?
no messages on the console.  Nothing.
so, not very joyous, just resigned.
thanks