Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 2004 12:36:03 +0100
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "????????? ?.?." <noc@golden-babylon.ru>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: simple question

--LpQ9ahxlCli8rRTG

On 2004.01.30 15:29:55 +0300, ????????? ?.?. wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
>   As said at section 3.4.2 in document http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.I=
SO8859-1/articles/releng/article.html
>   second disc in distribution must contain CVS repository, but on
>   5.2-RELEASE disk i didn't find it.
>   Maybe i poor seeking or devel version not contains it?

It is correct that on FreeBSD 5.2 the compressed CVS repository is not
on disc2 (at least not on the disc2 distributed by the FreeBSD project;
CD vendors might choose to do it differently).  I think FreeBSD 4.7 was
the last version which included the repository on disc2.

The article should be updated accordingly...

The simplest way to get the FreeBSD CVS repository is probably by using
CVSup from one of the mirror sites.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen
FreeBSD Documentation Team