Date:      Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:02:25 +0100
From:      David Rio <drio@big.perpels.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Laptop sugestions?

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 07:19:36PM -0500, stan wrote:
> Looks like I might be getting to order a new laptop at work to replace the
> 4 year old HP that I have. this machine will be a FreeBSD machine.

great.

> What machines should I be looking at? Assume that I have about $2k to
> spend.

Try dell. Inspiron 8200 seems great. Of course you must be careful with the
hardware, but for me there is another important feature that I take care
every time I buy a laptop: keyboard. Today, there is a annoying tendency to
put unuseful keyboards on laptops.
Inspirons 8200 are great, but they weigh so much. If you are going to use it
at your work maybe you don't mind that the laptop weigh four-five kg.