Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 19:49:40 +0000
From:      "Brandon L. Griffith" <project7@qx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound

I've been trying for a few days now to get my sound working, actually
I've been at it for a month but the last few days it has been one of my
two major objectives. It is the Sound Blaster 64V (AWE64),  and of
course, Plug and Pray.
I have read the documentation found at
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/awepnp-freebsd.html
and the handbook as well. I've even mixed and matched certain aspects of
each one, and still nothing.
One of the things that I found said to run pnpinfo and use that output
for something, when I run pnpinfo I get (no pnp devices found)
and when I add the correct lines to the kernel and reboot, well, here is
my dmesg pertaining to that part.......

pas0 not found at 0x388
sb_reset_dsp failed
sb0 not found at 0x220
sb_reset_dsp failed
sbxvi0 not found
sbmidi0 not found at 0x330
opl0 not found at 0x388
awe0 at 0x620 on isa
AWE32: not detected

So what's up. How come it isn't working correctly? I have tried almost
everything, and someone even told me to disable PnP in my bios, but
wouldn't that defeat the purpose?
Any suggestions on this?