Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 15:22:24 -0800
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Jaz Drives / Tagged Command Queuing

On %M 0, Steve Logue <stevel@mail.cdsnet.net> wrote:
> > I got a very fast response from the hardware engineer (Jaz and Jaz 2
> > designer).  The problem is this - The Jaz drive does not support
> > command queing, and revisions older than J.86 do not report it correctly.
> > For example, when your SCSI adapter says "I'm going to use command
> > queing" to the Jaz drive, the drive answers "OK, lets go", even though its
> > not supported.  The J.86 drives will now answer "Sorry, command
> > queing is not supported".  Iomega does not have any current plans to
> > support command queing.

I'm not familiar with Iomega products, however, my
Syquest Syjet 1.5 at leasts reports that it supports it:

ahc0:A:4: refuses WIDE negotiation.  Using 8bit transfers
ahc0: target 4 Tagged Queuing Device
sd1 at scbus0 target 4 lun 0
sd1: <SyQuest SyJet-S 0112> type 0 removable SCSI 2
sd1: Direct-Access 1430MB (2929800 512 byte sectors)

I have not had any problems using it.

A cool aspect of this drive is:

'Minimum Data Transfer Rate: 3.7mb/sec' so you can do AV type
stuff with it.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@worldcontrol.com>