Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 20:14:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Utz <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   dejagnu, anyone?

Hi again;

	Having gotten a real great answer from Bruce Evans concerning the
sa_handler prototype issue ( Fixed in current, thanks Bruce! ), I was
able to complete the compilation of the latest octave snapshot.

	Now i need to *test* the latest octave snapshot and it seems that
we are no longer among the blessed wrt DejaGNU :-(

	It seems to me that this was not always so, but this is the first
time i have ever gotten really serious about doing something like this,
so i really wouldn't know.

	Has anybody built it lately? The current version is 1.2. I looked
in packages and ports for 2.05 and 2.1 No soap.

	If anybody has a copy i would like to hear how they built it. The
configure fails to recognize a FreeBSD-2.0.5 Release box, or even if i
try and force it to try i386-unknown-freebsd.

	The odd thing is that configure.guess recognizes it, but that may
be a file that comes with configure already knowing this piece of info.

tnx;

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life