Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 18:22:45 +0100
From:      Fredrik Carlen <fredrik.carlen@telia.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Just minor Bash-prompt problems, but still...

Hi there! My /etc/profile contains the following line that applies to the
Bash-prompt (with out the quotes, of course...):

According to the manpage for Bash, the escape sequence ' \$  ' should make my
prompt ' # ' if effective UID is 0 (zero)...well, it is as root, but what  _I_
get as a prompt when being root, is the " $ " as is common for the other users.
My /etc/profile is _not_ overridden in any ~/.bashrc or ~/.profile, or any of
the other possible variations on this theme...I use /etc/profile, plain and
simple.

You scratch my back, 'n' I'll scratch yours!

/Fredrik, Stockholm