Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:51:24 -0600
From:      Frank Knobbe <frank@knobbe.us>
To:        ecrist@adtechintegrated.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best *nix OS for a laptop?

--=-lkMZb5JS0vk0K+LpJ5BP

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 17:42, Eric F Crist wrote:
> Could some of you please send me an email telling me what OS you utilize =
on=20
> your laptop, and why?  I'm not looking for anyone bashing any other OS, j=
ust=20
> why you use what you do.

I use FreeBSD 4.8 on my Dell Inspiron laptop. Everything works including
video, audio, PC card, DVD, firewire, USB, and APM. Perhaps your problem
is not so much the OS but the laptop. It would help to tell us what kind
of laptop you have.

Why I use BSD? Mainly for stability, usability, performance and security
reasons.=20

Regards,
Frank

--=-lkMZb5JS0vk0K+LpJ5BP