Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 1996 13:22:42 +0100
From:      "DI. Christian Gusenbauer" <Christian.Gusenbauer@utimaco.co.at>
To:        FreeBsd Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Christian.Gusenbauer@safeconcept.utimaco.co.at
Subject:   Re: Dosboot and bcc

Bruce Evans wrote:

> >During the last weekend, I tried to get dosboot to be compiled using bcc.
> >I managed the problems with the K&R standard and am now having the next
> >problems: bcc does not support "long long"!
>
> DOS compilers don't handle `long long' either, do they?  You'll have to
> edit some of the header files.  See the old version of dosboot :-).

:), as you know, the intention was to edit none of the standard headers ...

But I already modified bcc and now he understands "long long" but does not
generate code. The "long long" is only used to calculate the size of a structure
and I hope I modified the right place. Well, I'll see ...

bcc might also have a problem with some #define statements. Perhaps I'll use
the gcc preprocessor.

Christian.

--
Christian Gusenbauer