Date:      Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:25:14 -0500
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        f-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 5.x, mergemaster dying due to problem w/ "mtree -eU ..."

On 10/5/05, Parv <parv@pair.com> wrote:
>  *** Creating the temporary root environment in /var/tmp/temproot
>  *** /var/tmp/temproot ready for use
>  *** Creating and populating directory structure in /var/tmp/temproot
>
>  mtree -eU  -f /misc/src-5/etc/mtree/BSD.root.dist -p /var/tmp/temproot/
>  mtree:No such file or directory
>  *** Error code 1
>
>  Stop in /misc/src-5/etc.
>
>    *** FATAL ERROR: Cannot 'cd' to /usr/src/etc and install files to
>        the temproot environment
>

> I have /usr/src symlinked ...
>
>  lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     9 Dec 21  2004 /usr/src@ -> /misc/src
>  lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel     5 Oct  5 00:04 /misc/src@ -> src-5
>  drwxr-xr-x  21 root  wheel  1024 Oct  5 03:49 /misc/src-5/
>

> So what is wrong on my end that mergemaster dies during mtree process?

Not sure if I had run accros this problem when I move my source
directory from /usr/src to /usr/src/5x.  But I added:

SOURCEDIR=3D'/usr/src/5x/etc'

to /etc/mergemaster.rc. And I haven't had a problem with my sources in
another location.

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.