Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2000 14:20:43 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU>, Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>, David Miller <dmiller@search.sparks.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot off USB SanDisk?

In message <20001025143741.A55061@vger.bsdhome.com> Brian Dean writes:
: > : > > You can use a IDE <-> CF adapter to boot off this device.  You can't
: > : > > boot it off via the USB device however.
:
: So does FreeBSD recognize this as 'ad[0123]'?  Even if we can boot
: from them, I suppose that it would be asking too much to expect any
: kind of hot pluggability?

It recognizes it ad0, et al.  *DO*NOT*HOTPLUG* You will be sorry and
replacing hardware.  I've blown out 1 IDE controller before I twigged
to this fact. :-(  At least we could RMA the board.

Warner