Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 10:23:03 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Thilo Gelenk <TG@TechSoft.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: source from FBSD2.2.2 decompressing

Thilo Gelenk scribbled this message on Oct 21:
> Hi folks,
> I have bought the FreeBSD 2.2.2 CDs to get the source
> code. It is contained on the CD under /src, but I need to
> run "sh install.sh", what seems to be possible only under
> BSD (so I have first to install it).
>
> - I am searching for a way to decompress all  source files  from Dir
>   /src   under  DOS/Windows  directly.
> -Or should I try to read the CD Rom in an UNIX machine (HP)
>  and then -  what is needed to uncompress the source
>  files ?

any program that can handle both tar and gz files will work..  the
files are just one large file that were split into 240k chunks..
copy file.aa+file.ab+...+file.zz file.tgz will reassemble the file
for you...  the other thing is that the source probably isn't to useful
on a dos machine..  by my opinion only...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD