Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 12:29:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      <scanner@jurai.net>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
Cc:        David Leimbach <dleimbac@earthlink.net>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: softupdates crash -> data recovery ?

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> Can I have a reference or two?  Please? This is out of very sincere and honest
> interest, and I will try to read them as objectively as possible, despite the
> fact that I'm an avid FreeBSD user and softupdates is enabled in most of my
> filesystems

Well, right now im in a datacenter in Olathe, KS :)
But the paper by ganger is easy to find. Go to goole and search for "greg
ganger". He is at CMU. When you find his homepage go into his paper's
section. There are 2 papers on Softupdates. One on Softupdates the
technology, and one on Softupdates vs Journaling.

-Chris Watson         (316) 326-3862 | FreeBSD Consultant, FreeBSD Geek
Work:              scanner@jurai.net | Open Systems Inc., Wellington, Kansas
Home:  scanner@deceptively.shady.org | http://open-systems.net
WINDOWS: "Where do you want to go today?"
LINUX: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
BSD: "Are you guys coming or what?"