Date:      Thu, 7 Mar 2002 21:39:51 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "Rodrigo Couto" <kazak@ritterdosreis.br>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: undelete files !!!

On Thursday 07 March 2002 04:38 am, Rodrigo Couto wrote:
| i need recover files, why ??????

Why?  Because you accidentally deleted something you didn't mean to, I assume.

How?  Restore from backup.

Unless you were already running a "safe delete" program (I have a simple one
you can use if you want but I'm sure that there are some more robust ones
that live in ports), there's no really reliable way to recover deleted files.

There are programs that try, but if you want to use them, you MUST turn off
the system where the files need to be recovered IMMEDIATELY and use *another*
system to do the disk recovery, preferably by physically moving the disk to
the other system, but there are other ways.

You can also pay a commercial service to recover the data, but expect to pay
in the four figures for this service . . . .

Best advice is to back up frequently!

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                ME -->  http://www.babbleon.org