Date:      Thu, 22 Dec 2011 15:07:54 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Marcin Cieslak <saper@saper.info>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPv6 not responding on some aliases (recent 8-stable)

On 22. Dec 2011, at 01:59 , Marcin Cieslak wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> I upgraded my Nov 2010 8.x-something machine to Dec 4th and later Dec =
19th
> userland and kernel:=20
>=20
> FreeBSD x.saper.info 8.2-STABLE FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE #0: Mon Dec 19 =
22:13:54 UTC 2011     root@x.saper.info:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/IPSEC  =
amd64
>=20
> Machine has 6 IPv6 addresses configured (out of provider-supplied /64 =
range).
> rtsol is used to get link-local default gateway, but addresses are =
static.
>=20
> What happens:
>=20
> After boot, SOME IPv6 addresses do not respond to anything (ICMPv6 =
ping, netcat...),
> for example:
>=20
> 2001:abcd:f:abcd::1000 does not work
> 2001:abcd:f:abcd::1001 works
> 2001:abcd:f:abcd::1002 works
> 2001:abcd:f:abcd::1003 does not work
> 2001:abcd:f:abcd::1004 works
> 2001:abcd:f:abcd::1005 does not work
>=20
> after a reboot it changes a bit, for example :1000 starts working

to cut the long story short and before we try to debug this in detail;
if you try to reach all these addresses on the local machine, does that =
work, eg. if you ping6 2001:abcd:f:abcd::100[0-5] from that host itself?

Is it just that you cannot reach them from outside your local network?

/bz

--=20
         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.