Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 1996 00:04:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      sycheng@cis.ufl.edu
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [HELP] Cannot boot

In the previous mail Jordan K. Hubbard wrote :

> >   Sure. I've tried to disable LBA mode from BIOS, or Promise card, or both,
> > but none worked. Besides, I need to use DOS/Windows sometime so I don't think
> > I will disable LBA mode even it works.
> >
> >   Thanks a lot. Any other good suggestion ?
>
> I think the only suggestion that will actually net you a working system
> if those are your constraints is:
>
> 	"Get rid of that stinking promise controller!"

  That's too bad. Ok, If Promise VLB EIDE controller is not good enough,
Could you please recommend me a better one which is FreeBSD compatible ?

  Any info will be greatly appreciated.

--
Cheng, Hsiao-Yang   Graduate Student           ___   .  TEL: 3 5 2 - 3 3
Department of Computer Information Science    /   \ /                    8