Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:00:26 -0400
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        Thomas M Duffey <cortex@execpc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tracking stable branch

That's the way I did it, and it worked fine.  I used the information in the
handbook about making world and cvsup.  I used the example supfile,
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/4.x-stable-supfile.

Thomas M Duffey wrote:

> Dear FreeBSD Users,
>
> I'm fairly new to FreeBSD (although I have years of experience with
> Slackware, kinda similar...) and have recently come across a FreeBSD
> 4-RELEASE machine that was setup almost right when the 4-RELEASE branch
> emerged.  I would like to merge any updates committed to the stable branch
> to this installation.  Unfortunately, I've only been on this list now for
> a few days so I'm not aware of any special instructions required to
> perform the upgrade.  Is there an archive of issues requiring special
> attention anywhere?  Or is it safe to just go ahead and perform the
> upgrade using cvsup?
>
> Regards,
>
> Tom Duffey

PETER SCHWENK                        | Campus IT Associate 3
Department of Mathematical Sciences  | University of Delaware
schwenk@math.udel.edu                | (302)831-0437