Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 19:15:31 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        adam@choice.net (Mark Knipfer)
Cc:        interrupt request <irq@stepahead.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD v2.1.7

>why I am having the problems.  You can rule out memory, unless FreeBSD is=
> not
>compatible with EDO memory.

   It's compatible, but FreeBSD is a much higher user of memory (every last
bit) than most other operating systems. This wouldn't be the first time that
someone said that it worked fine with Windows, but nonetheless turned out
to be bad. There really aren't a lot of possibilities here. I have two P5/133
machines here - Triton II, 64MB, EIDE mode 4...nearly identical to your
configuration. Needless to say, we wouldn't have done a release if I had any
problems here on these machines.

-DG

David Greenman