Date:      Sat, 6 Oct 2001 13:09:58 +0100 (BST)
From:      Joshua Goodall <joshua@roughtrade.net>
To:        Danny Horne <danny@clifftop.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Adding network card

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, Danny Horne wrote:

> [...]

(caveat questioner: I have limited personal exposure in this area of the
kernel, and someone else may have a better answer)

The rt8029 is a RealTek product, never a good sign. Don't forget, at some
point, your time becomes more valuable than using an alternative
make/model...

Yes - the attach routines are returning ENOENT, which suggests problems
with irq/ioport/iomem allocation. Not having a similar card here to play
with, it's hard to call, but I do suggest toying with isa/irq/ioport/iomem
settings in the kernel config line (or removing them completely), vary ed0
to ed and so on for all the usual blind-alley permutations that one
follows before making the trudge into tracing the source code.

Some BIOS's could cause problems in this regard; consider your PCI
settings.

If you can use the card under an alternative OS, you may be able to glean
usable parameters.

Joshua.