Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 21:44:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@main.gbdata.com>
To:        rashid@rk.ios.com (Rashid  Karimov)
Cc:        mikec@mediacity.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Shareware UNIX/SQL database??

Rashid  Karimov wrote:

> 	You can try Postgres95 or mSQL. The later one
> 	is very light and implements only small subset
> 	of SQL , the former one is much more powerful
> 	and extensible.
> 	The only problem with the first one is that
> 	to my knowledge all development on it was canceled
> 	( grant issue).
This is only true to the extent that it is no longer a "supported" project.
There is still a very active development and a mailing list for Postgres95!
A matter of fact there was a new relese just recently.  Runs fine under
FreeBSD 2.1-STABLE.

> 	Both have Perl modules , so one can very nicely
> 	build 'em into cgi-bin scripts. Apache ppl were
> 	even talking about building in native mSQL support
> 	into their HTTP server.
PgPerl for postgres95 works very, very well.  I'm in the process of creating
an ISP management system using Postgres95, PgPerl and PerlMenu.  Perl5
is nice....

> 	Rashid.

Gary

--
Gary Clark II   (N5VMF) |    I speak only for myself and "maybe" my company
gclarkii@GBData.COM     |          Member of the FreeBSD Doc Team