Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:23:41 +0200
From:      Markus Holmberg <saska@acc.umu.se>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   postfix not installing startup script in ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d ?

It seems like the postfix port doesn't install any startup script in ${PREFIX}/etc/rc.d, which means it has to be brought up manually with "postfix start" each time you reboot (unless you make your own script of course :)).

The reason I'm asking is because this port is so "big" (as in widely used) that this seems quite unlikely to be the case, so I'd just like to know what I missed :). (Mailing list searches gave no results.)

Just wondering, did I miss something? Shouldn't the port throw this kind of script in? (into /usr/local/etc/rc.d)

For example:

#!/bin/sh
[ -x /usr/local/sbin/postfix ] && /usr/local/sbin/postfix && echo -n ' postfix'

Regards, Markus.

--

Markus Holmberg         |       Give me UNIX or give me a typewriter.
saska@acc.umu.se        |       http://www.freebsd.org