Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:02:22 -0500
From:      Marty Landman <MLandman@face2interface.com>
To:        Malcolm Kay <malcolm.kay@internode.on.net>, "Brunoc@quipo.it" <brunoc@quipo.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to map pfkeys to screen -r cmds

At 07:15 PM 11/15/2003, Malcolm Kay wrote:

>On my 4.7-STABLE machine I believe the default number of
>virtual consoles is 16 with the first 12 having by default /dev entries
>/dev/ttyv0 to /dev/ttyvb; certainly not /dev/stty0 ...
>and are selectable with Alt-f1 to Alt-f12 when active.
>By default the first 8 consoles are activated for login in /etec/ttys.

I'm on 4.8-RELEASE and a GENERIC Kernel. When I try alt-f3 from my ssh
session I get [13~. All the function keys with alt do similarly. What am I
missing? I've learned to use the screen cmd although it's a bit easy to get
lost in there, is this built on that or something else?

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site