Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:18:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Miller <dmiller@search.sparks.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   DVD-ram

Apologies if this should be on -scsi....

Has anyone done any work with dvd-ram drives under FreeBSD?

I will soon need to duplicate dvd-ram media and would very much like to do
it under unix.  All I need to start with is the ability to read/write the
raw device.

Currently the drive is recognized as cd0 (FreeBSD 3.2) and I can read a
2.x GB side but not, of course, write it.  I'm looking at cdrecord for
clues but would like not to reinvent someone elses work.

Thanks in advance,

--- David