Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:06:50 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: few programs now getting sig 6

--nextPart3904047.N6pRA4huoP

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:02, Sean McNeil wrote:
> I've also seen a core dump on a recompile attempt for howl (port that
> has mDNSResponder).  It wasn't repeatable, so I thought my system had
> memory issues.  After some reboots and testing, I've found that the
> above aborts are consistent and not memory related.

signal 6 is almost invariably caused by the process calling abort() - ie it=
's=20
shooting itself in the head because some expectation it had has been=20
violated.

I'd check log messages (if the programs generate them..)

The big hammer approach would be to just rebuild the broken apps and see if=
=20
that fixes it :)

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."