Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 17:56:30 -0500
From:      Don Tyson <tyson@stanfordalumni.org>
To:        "Dominic Marks" <dominic_marks@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   D-Link DFE 530-TX PCI card

Dominic --

If you haven't done so, check the mailing list archive for posts
on this card -- I know your question isn't the first one, and I'm
pretty sure there are plenty of people using it.  Certainly it's
possible there's a conflict with your MB, but if there's no
answer on the FBSD archives, try a google search on the card, and
on your motherboard.

Did you try sysinstall to see what card(s) it thinks you have?

Sorry if this is all repetition, but I'd be really surprised if
there isn't a way to make the thing work.

FWIW I'm certainly **not** using the vr/VIA Rhine II Chipset device
and yet my card works just fine.

Good luck.

Don Tyson