Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 00:28:37 +0200 (EET)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD_Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Writing a file system? Docs? Info? Article?

On 2002-03-28 09:40, Terry Lambert wrote:
> I will get to both, eventually.  Right now, my window of free
> time is pretty small, though it should open up again soon, as
> the code I'm working on now seems to be coming under control.
> I have to literally pry myself off the keyboard to go to bed,
> since it is all written inside my head already, and my main
> limitation is I/O.  I've averaged about 1000 lines of code a
> day for the last 5 days.   An FS is peanuts, in comparison; I
> guess I think in pointer math.  We need to do something about
> this whole human-computer interface thing, the quicker the
> better.  ;^).

/me sitting on a couch, sipping wine, in year 2069.

A team of grand-children, are crouching by the fireplace.
Some of them are staring in the flames, others are fighting with each
other.  A few are listening to the end of a story...

"... this was, my dears, the beginning of the rise of the DBI (direct brain
interface)."

At the opposite wall, a fluorescent image of an xterm, projected in thin
air by a holographic projector scrolls down, and pine deletes a message.

- Giorgos

(Yeah, I know I'm off topic.  Put the flamethrower down.  Thank you!)