Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:42:22 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      wjw@iae.nl (Willem Jan  Withagen)
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing inodes/diskspace

Hi

I'm just goofing around a little with bonnie, which has been running all
morning. But that has created something strange:

root@hobby> mkdir /mnt3/burp
/mnt3: create/symlink failed, no inodes free
mkdir: /mnt3/burp: No space left on device

root@hobby> df -i /mnt3
Filesystem  1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity iused   ifree  %iused
Mounted on
/dev/da3a      940006   205008   659797    24%       3  470395     0%    /mnt3

lsof does not reveil anu other files held open on this disk.

So where is this diskspace. Bonnie was the only thing running on this disk.
And there are no more bonnie processes left.

And even stranger: Where hvae all my Inodes gone.

I haven't rebooted to see if that fixed the problem, but there's no debugger
in the kernel.

--WjW
--
Internet Access Eindhoven BV.,  voice: +31-40-2 393 393, data: +31-40-2 606 606
P.O. 928, 5600 AX Eindhoven, The Netherlands