Date:      Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:44:54 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Andreas Davour <ante@Update.UU.SE>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, Frank Staals <frankstaals@gmx.net>
Subject:   Re: Firefox 1.5

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 10:22:45PM +0100, Andreas Davour wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Frank Staals wrote:
>=20
> >Hmm I got a question regarding to Fx 1.5. Has anyone else noticed a=20
> >tremendous slowdown when using 1.5 ? I especially mean when the=20
> >popup-window opens to ask what you want to do with a download ( save it =
or=20
> >open it ) then Fx hangs for about 15 seconds ( while the 'ok' button is=
=20
> >not clickable ) then It continues again. Also Firefox crashed when I tri=
ed=20
> >using an upload function ( to attach a file to a post in a forum ).
> >
> >Anyone else had problems with this ? ( Using Xfce4.2.3.1 with gtk2.8.9=
=20
> >here )
>=20
> Nope, but the person who decided to change the filerequester to a kind=20
> that no other program on the planet uses needs to take a lesson in=20
> consistency in gui design. That idiotic filerequester is a major problem=
=20
> with 1.5 in my opinion...

It's consistent with the rest of GNOME. Being a GNOME user, I like it.
I think you can turn it off at compile time, but I haven't checked
to see if the port supports it as well.

--Stijn

--=20
I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it.
		-- Edgar Allan Poe

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK

--YZ5djTAD1cGYuMQK--