Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 10:01:08 +0530
From:      "Jaideep  Bhatia" <jaideep.bhatia@wipro.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Samba refuses to login into home directory

------=_NextPartTM-000-36d365e1-324b-11d6-a942-00b0d0d06be8

I have a freebsd 4.5R machine with samba 2.2.3a installed and trying to
run it with win2K machines. In the sam.conf security has been set to
share. This is showing the public directory and I am able to read and
write to it.
	The problem is with the home directory
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   writeable = yes

	The user name on the freebsd machine is different from the win
2k machine. I have also tried username map option, but unable to see the
contents of the home directory. Any suggestions on what I might be
missing?

Regards,
Jaideep Bhatia

------=_NextPartTM-000-36d365e1-324b-11d6-a942-00b0d0d06be8

Information contained in this E-MAIL being proprietary to Wipro Limited
is 'privileged' and 'confidential' and intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. You are notified that any
use, copying or dissemination of the information contained in the E-MAIL
in any manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited.