Date:      Thu, 30 May 1996 09:25:48 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, j@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: copyright notice in /usr/src/lib/libc/stdtime missing?

> I don't think you really mean `ALL' files :-).  Let me attempt to classify
> some files:

OK, OK, be a pedant - I meant all _source_ files! :-)

I had this discussion with Garrett already.  Basically, the issue here
isn't figuring out whether or not we're allowed to distribute it so
much as whether or not any 3rd party, browsing our source tree and
perhaps looking for stuff to use in a commercial product, can see at a
glance whether or not *they* are able to redistribute it and under
which terms.  If a file has no notice at the top, this is an omission.

					Jordan