Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 2006 02:42:58 -0900
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@alaskaparadise.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Teemu Korhonen <teemu.korhonen@mbnet.fi>
Subject:   Re: need help with pcmcia wireless network card

--nextPart1748675.AOnIKtWJnF

On Monday 13 February 2006 02:25, Teemu Korhonen wrote:
> I have a laptop with freebsd-6.0 and I've got everything working except my
> Buffalo WLI-CB-G54S wireless network card.
> When I insert the card I get following message "cardbus0: <network> at
> device 0.0 (no driver attached)"
>
> I found two pages that seems to be instructions to get the card working:
>
> http://geocities.yahoo.co.jp/gl/stealth_daemon/view?.date=3D20050623&.utc=
=3D113
>3948970
>
> http://geocities.yahoo.co.jp/gl/stealth_daemon/view?.date=3D20051207&.utc=
=3D113
>3982628
>
> as they are japan, I can't get but the main idea.
>
> So far the ndisgen doesn't work it fails to build the .ko file, but I've
> had better luck with ndiscvt which made and if_ndis.ko
>
> both ndis.ko and if_ndis.ko are loaded, but I get no new devices and still
> get the "no driver attached" message.
>
> I have no idea what to do now and I really need to get that card working.
> Ideas anyone?

What does pciconf -lv say about that card?

Beech

=2D-=20

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - akbeech@alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise Travel
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com