Date:      Fri, 14 Aug 1998 21:01:10 -0400
From:      Brian Cully <shmit@kublai.com>
To:        ben@rosengart.com, Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF problems to occur

On Fri, Aug 14, 1998 at 05:53:02PM -0400, Snob Art Genre wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, Brian Feldman wrote:
>
> > The transition from a.out to ELF will not be easy; I see some definite
> > potential hangups:
>
> Perhaps someone who experienced Linux's switchover can warn us of some
> likely 'issues'.

I wrote one of the docs for it, and my only warning is that it sucks
if you have to do it all yourself. Being able to `make world' and be
converted will be really nice.

The only major concern (at the time) was with underscores in assembler
files, but I think most of those problems have been fixed by now.

--
Brian Cully						<shmit@erols.com>
``And when one of our comrades was taken prisoner, blindfolded, hung