Date:      Wed, 16 May 2001 09:48:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: panic: sleeping process owns a mutex

On 16-May-01 Bob Bishop wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This while building world, with a kernel cvsup at Fri Apr 27 04:06:40 BST
> 2001
>
> kern/kern_synch.c:386 sleeping with "vr0" locked from pci/if_vr.c:1315
>
> abridged backtrace:
>
> panic()
> propagate_priority()
> _mtx_lock_sleep()
> vr_intr()
> ithread_loop()
> fork_exit()
> fork_trampoline()

Well, I think the best thing to do for now will be to back out all the ethernet
driver locking until we figure out how we are actually going to lock them.
The original locks that went in starting with fxp many months ago weren't quite
right but have been mostly harmless up to this point.   There are some cases
where we sleep with locks however, which can lead to problems.