Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 15:00:36 +0000 ()
From:      Tushar Patel <tpatel@ecpi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getty does not start??

Hi,

I  am running freebsd 2.0.5 and I have boca-16 card installed. I am able to
get 10 simultaneous connection on it, but when I try to connect on the 11th
port I don't get login prompt. If there are less than 10 connection then
I get login prompt on all the boca ports. I saw similar posting in the archive
but no answers. I am attaching similar posting too.

Please help.
Thanks,
Tushar
tushar@ecpi.com

First posting on the same subject:
------------------------------------
I am using SNAP2.1.0-951005.  When I turn a getty on my modem (ttyd0), I can't
use the callout device to grab the /dev/cuaa0 device.  Without getty running
everything works fine.  My modem is not asserting the carrier line, but looking
at a ps -alx shows that the getty is waiting on ttyin rather than siodcd.  I
have an identical machine running 1.1.5.1R just fine with identical (even
identical initial and lock-state device settings) modem/hardware setup.  Am I
forgetting something really dumb, or is the problem in the sio driver/getty?
Thanks,

Second posting on the same subject:

Has anyone heard of FreeBSD"s getty's locking up before?  I seem to be
having a problem with them lately.  I am running a Boca Board with 12
Boca modems installed, and every so often when you call in there will be
no login, no banner, no anything.  I know the modems are locked, because
not only do they answer, but they also cannot be fixed by restarting
them.  Everytime this happens the only choice I have is to reboot the
machine.  Anyone have any suggestions of where to start looking?