Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 15:40:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      pete@ns.altadena.net (Pete Carah)
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   arp lookup problems on -stable

I have a system configured as a router (ethernet p-p connection to
a cisco 7k on one port, 4 virtual host addresses on the other ethernet,
one of which is the "expected" router port for others on that
net.  All works fine and it routes as expected, but with all kernel
revs since sometime in May it gives me a bunch of messages every
30 seconds (independent of whether I'm running gated, routed, or
none):

/kernel: arplookup 207.67.184.106 failed: could not allocate llinfo
/kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo for 207.67.184.106

repeated for all of the addresses on the internal network.

The messages are annoying but don't "seem" to affect operation?

What's going on?

-- Pete