Date:      Sun, 21 Sep 2014 11:18:18 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        Jason Selwitz <jselwitz@verizon.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Help with possible HAL issue.

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 7:00 AM, Jason Selwitz <jselwitz@verizon.net> wrote:

>   Hello, I was hoping someone here could lend a hand, I recently upgraded
> my xorg package to the latest and greatest and now while X does start it
> now dosen't seem to be accepting any keyboard and mouse input while
> previous versions of X semed to accept device discovery via HAL just fine,
> I was hoping someone might have some advice I'm running FreeBSD
> 10.0-RELEASE-p7, I can provide additional output as needed, thanks for the
> assistance!
>
> Jason.

Are you using WITH_NEW_XORG? What is in your xorg.conf? Can you provide an
Xorg.0.log file? Did you build the X ports or use pkg to install them? Do
you startx or ue a dislay managr (xdm, kdm, gdm, etc)? USB or laptop mouse
and keyboard?

There have been several recent reports of problems with the keyboard and
mouse but I m not sure that I have sen a common issue here. If you just
moved to NEW_XORG and updated the port that went to a new version, you do
need to rebuild/re-install the keyboard and mouse drivers even though they
are not a new version.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com