Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2001 17:55:23 -0500
From:      "Mason Harding" <mharding@marketnews.com>
To:        "Nathan Dorfman" <nathan@rtfm.net>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ipfw or ipf?

I run both IPF and IPFW, they can work together beautifully.  I use IPF as
my main Statefull packet filter, and IPFW with Dummynet for traffic shaping.
Also I use squid for transparent HTTP proxying, and bridging for my DMZ
ports(need to be on the same network as the LAN).  It gets confusing, but it
works perfectly :)

Mason