Date:      Tue, 02 May 1995 05:39:42 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Tim Bernhardt <tim@plato.Chemietechnik.Uni-Dortmund.DE>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN drivers

If you would be interested in actually implementing support for the
Teles card, then by all means join the discussion!  If not, then all I
can say is that this whole issue is waiting for people who actually
want to DEVELOP ISDN support rather than just wondering if someone
else is going to do it.  The original authors are somewhat
disappointed that they've gotten no offers of help and many requests
for more support.  They do ISDN for a living, and can't afford to
support everyone for free.  They need help!  So as I said before in
this list, if you're interested in HELPING DEVELOP ISDN support then
by all means talk to jkr@saarlink.de.  If you just want someone else
to do it for you, then you're in the wrong place! :-(

I'm also sorry if this sounds somewhat harsh, but I've never seen
a part of FreeBSD where so many people asked for help but were so
unwilling to give it.  It's quite sad! :(

We don't use any of the FreeBSD ISDN code here in the U.S., and if
anything is ever going to come of this code then the people in Germany
are going to have to help Juergen and Dietmar do it - it's that
simple.

					Jordan